Thanksgiving Day is filled with enjoyment and merry-making. This festival gives us an opportunity to express our thankfulness to those who have been of help to us in some way or the other. It is a day when we can reach out to those who we care for and express our gratitude and love for them. Thanksgiving cards convey this expression best. Children, in particular, find Thanksgiving cards interesting for various reasons - attractive and colorful, funny quotes etc. Thanksgiving cards for children are generally the ones that they can give to their parents, grandparents, siblings, friends and so on, expressing how much they matter to them. Thanksgiving cards for children are easily available in the market and on the internet. Alternatively, to make things more interesting, children can also make their own Thanksgiving cards, giving expression to their creativity. Given here are two Thanksgiving cards, which you can make at home. Scroll further and pick one that attracts you the most.
Get to know all about Thanksgiving cards for children. Know how your how your child can make a cute Thanksgiving card.
Thanksgiving Cards For Children
- Small Wiggle Eye
- Pen or Pencil
- Fold a piece of large paper in half to form the card.
- Paint the child’s hand and thumb brown; and other fingers in different colors, like red, yellow, green, orange, etc.
- Press hand on the paper to make a turkey print.
- After it dries, the children can use the thumb as the head and add a wiggle eye and color a red waddle.
- Add feet at the bottom.
- Write this poem on the inside of the card:
- Dear (insert name here),
This isn’t just a turkey, as anyone can see.
I made it with my hand, which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of love, especially to say,
I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving Day!
- Autumn Leaves
- Colored Pencils or Crayons
- Poster Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Fold a sheet of paper widthwise and place a leaf inside the folded sheet, with the vein side up. This will give you a leaf rubbing card.
- With the help of colored pencils or crayon, rub over the leaf gently to get the shape and imprints of the leaf on the cover of the card. Switch colors to get a leaf with assorted colors.
- Remove the leaf from the card and repeat the same with other leaves and colors.
- Alternatively, you can even create painted leaf prints. For this, place a leaf, with its vein side up, on a newspaper and dab some paint onto its surface. For multicolored effect, dab a few more colors onto the same leaf.
- Carefully pick up the leaf and place it on the cover of the card, with the paint side down.
- Press gently to create a print on the paper. Repeat with other leaves and paint colors.
- Complete the card by penning down a holiday message inside the card.