A national holiday observed in the United States of America, Thanksgiving is a time of feasting and offering prayers. For the bountiful harvest obtained in the season, people thank God for his blessings and savor some traditional and exotic dishes, prepared exclusively on this special occasion. Roasted turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and pumpkin pies are some delicacies relished on this holiday. But, if you are looking for a different taste and flavor this Thanksgiving, then you have Turkey Breast Rice as your best alternative. This delicacy comes as a tasty and succulent mix of textures and flavors of turkey and other ingredients. Delicious as it looks, the first bite into its juicy and soft meat will leave your asking for more. Combined with rice, Turkey Breast Rice is a must-have on any Thanksgiving dinner table. Glance through the lines below to know the recipe of how to make appetizing and toothsome Turkey Breast Rice.
This special Thanksgiving turkey recipe uses garlic and rice to cook mouth-watering turkey breast.
Turkey Breast Rice
- 1 cup long-grain Rice
- 1 can Chicken Broth (14½ ounces)
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 tbsp Parsley (dried)
- ½ tsp Rosemary (dried)
- ½ tsp Thyme (dried)
- ½ tsp Sage (dried)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Bone in Turkey's Breast (5-6 Pounds)
- Paprika (to taste)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Combine rice, chicken broth, white wine, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage, and bay leaf together in a 5-quart Dutch oven.
- Place the turkey in this mixture and sprinkle with generous amount of paprika.
- Cut the root ends of garlic cloves and place the whole bulbs in the rice around the turkey’s breast.
- Cover top of the oven with foil and secure the lid.
- Bake at 350 °F until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh of the turkey, with its pointed end away from the bone, reads 180 °F.
- Allow the turkey to cool for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Carve the turkey into slices and place on a serving platter, along with the rice and garlic mixture.
- 3 cups Water
- 1½ cups uncooked long-grain Rice
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 2 stalks Celery (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pound boneless Turkey Breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed Tomatoes (drained)
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Add rice and stir gently.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high flame and heat oil.
- Add bell pepper, celery, and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Add turkey and stir fry until the meat loses its outer pink color.
- Stir in tomatoes and cover the pan. Simmer until the turkey is cooked well and is no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.