The harvest festival of Thanksgiving occurs every year in the month of November on the fourth Thursday. Thanksgiving Day celebrations are an annual feature that includes offering prayers to God, feasting on Thanksgiving dinner, and indulging in a plethora of other activities, like making Thanksgiving crafts and decorating homes. Thanksgiving crafts with all their colors and interesting shapes brighten up the Thanksgiving Day celebrations. Though generally it is the children who seem to be more excited about Thanksgiving crafts, but there is no rule that adults cannot explore their creative minds in preparing some wonderful and interesting crafts. Read through the lines below to find some easy-to-follow yet pretty crafts for the festival of Thanksgiving.
Pilgrim Finger Puppets
Here's bringing to you all on easy to make Thanksgiving crafts. Learn how to make easy Thanksgiving crafts.
Easy Thanksgiving Crafts
- Construction Paper (white, brown, black, and yellow)
- 2 short or 1 long Cardboard Tube(s)
- Glue Stick
- Peach and Pink Crayons
- Black Marker
- Color a 2x6 inch section of white construction paper with the peach crayon.
- Cut out the section and then, cut in half. You will now have 2 2x3 inch peach pieces.
- Glue the peach strips to the top of the 2 cardboard tubes. These will be the faces.
- Cover the remainder of the cardboard tubes with black (man) and brown (woman) construction paper, overlapping the peach face a little.
- Cut 2 collars from white construction paper using the pattern.
- Glue to top of the shirt, wrap around and glue in place.
- Cut woman’s hair from yellow construction paper using the pattern.
- Cut man’s hair from brown construction paper, cut a strip about the width of the woman’s hair. Wrap around the back of the cardboard tubes, peach paper in the front, and trim if needed. Glue in place.
- Cut a hat from black paper and bonnet from white, using patterns.
- Cut a small strip of brown for the hatband, glue and trim. Cut small strips of white paper for the buckle. Glue to the hatband. Glue hat to man’s head and bonnet to woman’s head.
- Use pink crayon to add rosy cheeks.
- Use black marker to add eyes and smile.
- Insert fingers into bottom of tube and play with your puppets!
Turkey Nut Holder
- Egg Carton
- Scissors or X-acto Knife
- Tempera Paint (brown or yellow)
- 4-inch Pipe Cleaner
- Pushpin (optional)
- 2 Googly Eyes
- Colored Feathers
- Glue Stick
- White Paper
- Using a pencil, draw a line around one of the cups of the egg carton.
- Cut along the line to separate the cup. Thereafter, paint the cup.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half and twist the ends together to get a wattle.
- Gently push the exposed wire through the top of the egg cup’s one end until one-third of the pipe cleaner is across the hole. This forms the beak of the turkey.
- Bend down the inserted end to avoid the wattle from slipping out.
- Glue the googly eyes above the beak and feathers at the back.
- Cut out a strip of white paper to form the name tag flag.
- Cover one side of the tag with glue and place a toothpick in the middle. Fold the paper in half and press gently to secure the toothpick in place.
- When the glue dries completely, write a name on the paper and stick the toothpick through one side of the turkey.
- The turkey nut holder is ready to be stuffed with lots of nuts.