Handmade Thanksgiving Card
A handmade Thanksgiving greeting card, to wish someone special a heartwarming Thanksgiving, is so thoughtful. Just imagine how wonderful it would be to receive a handmade Thanksgiving card, specially made to wish you a "Happy Thanksgiving Day". The beautiful colors and unique designs of a handmade Thanksgiving card make it truly a one-of-a-kind holiday greeting card. Thanksgiving cards, which are handmade, feel so much more personal than receiving an online card. This is not to undermine the e-card, but still, given the time and effort and above all, a wonderful thought that goes into making a handmade Thanksgiving card, it surely conveys best, how much important and loved the recipient is. Imagine the delight and surprise on the faces of friends and family when they get a Thanksgiving card that you have created yourself. To learn how to make a thoughtful and pretty Thanksgiving card at home, scroll through the following section.
- Card Stock (Paper)
- Inks of different Colors (Stick with fall colors such as gold, orange, green and brown, if you want a traditional look)
- Rubber Stamps (cornucopia, turkey or leaves etc., which will depict a traditional Thanksgiving card)
- Glue Stick or Double Stick Tape
- Colorful Ribbons, Brads, Buttons or other small items for embellishment
- Cut an 8½x11 inch piece of cardstock in half. You will now have two pieces that measure 5½x8½ inches.
- Fold in half so that your card now measures 4¼x5½ inches. This will give you two cards to work on per piece of card stock.
- Stick different rubber stamps on the front.
- Give a header – “Happy Thanksgiving Day” to your card.
- Use your creativity to decorate the card using colorful embellishments – on the inside and the front.
- Use different colors of cardstock to create different layers on the handmade Thanksgiving card.
- Use double stick tape or a glue stick to adhere the different elements of your card.
- On the inside, write a cute Thanksgiving quote – nothing can be better if you can pen down a simple one on your own. Alternatively, find a Thanksgiving quote online or in a book. You may even write a sweet Thanksgiving quote like this one:
- He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart...
- J.A. Shedd