Making a Thanksgiving banner is a great fun activity to enjoy with children. Read the following article to learn some quick and easy methods to make Thanksgiving banner.
Thanksgiving is a popular festival celebrated in America, Canada and few other countries of the world. Thanksgiving Day is an official holiday in US and Canada. It is a special occasion during which the family members, relatives and friends sit together and enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving is not only about dinner, but it is a collection of several intimate events that take place at home. The festivities of Thanksgiving include decorating home and office with colorful Thanksgiving crafts. Crafts not only add charm to the festivities, but also provide a great opportunity to use the artistic and creative skills of a person. Thanksgiving crafts also form a fun activity to enjoy with kids. Among the very common and popular Thanksgiving crafts is preparing a Thanksgiving banner. Thanksgiving banner is a decorative item and can be made into different shapes and sizes. Read further to learn some quick and easy methods to make Thanksgiving banner.
Thanksgiving Banner Ideas
- Dry Beans
- 8 ½ x 11 inch Colored Art Paper
- First step include making flags for letters of your message. Take a piece of paper and fold in the corners on one end such that they meet in the middle.
- Now fold in the long ends of the paper. It is advisable to have sharp creases so that flags appear neat and hangs straight.
- Write letters of your message on the smooth sides of flag. Ask your kid to glue objects like beans, cinnamon, sticks, twigs and pinecones onto each letter. Leave them for some time to get dry.
- Cut the yarn or ribbon into such a length that it could fit your message. Now glue the letters and ask your child to flip over each flag and fold their top portion down on the yarn. Apply tape to secure the flags.
- In the end, knot a short length of yarn between each letter. You can use suction cups with attached hooks to hang the banner.
- 4 colors Felt or Scrapbooking Paper
- Jute Twine
- Assorted Buttons
- Glue Gun
- Cut one color of felt or scrapbooking paper into ten 6” x 9” rectangles. Since the message here is “Give Thanks”, we are using ten rectangles. You can make your own Thanksgiving messages and should cut the respective number of rectangles.
- Now carve out letters spelling, “GIVE THANKS”.
- The next step includes tracing out leaves on different colors of felt.
- Carve out shapes and glue them on each rectangle.
- Now glue a letter on the top of the leaf.
- Cut out a piece of jute twine of length equal to mantle and add a couple of extra feet.
- Glue the twine on the top back edge of each rectangle and decorate each letter with buttons.
- Fasten the ends of the banner to the mantle and your work is done.