It is believed that a prayer said with a thankful heart is more powerful than a prayer said with a demanding heart. Without being thankful for the constant supply of nutritional food, forgiving love from your near and dear ones, good looking clothes and a sturdy roof over your head, and all the positives and the negatives in your life; it is difficult to receive the blessings that have already been given to you. That's where Thanksgiving Day comes in! On this day, that is celebrated every year in the month of November, and October in some countries; the whole family comes together to express thankfulness for whatever they have received, through prayer. It is also a time to spend a day with loved ones, enjoy the delicious turkey and other hearty meals, and watch parades and football games together. Before you do that, go through these thanksgiving thoughts to hype up the excitement, while you wait for the day to arrive.
Thoughts For Thanksgiving Day
The day to be thankful for what the Lord has given us is soon to be upon us. Explore this article to read about some inspirational thoughts for the Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving Day Thoughts
- Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. – WT Purkiser
- Best of all is it to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song. – Konrad von Gesner
- We will speed the day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing ...Free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- The very fact that a man is thankful implies someone to be thankful to. – John Baillie
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you', that would suffice. – Meister Eckhart
- That I may make the voice of thanksgiving heard and may tell of all Your wondrous works. – Psalm 26:7
- The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. – Psalm 28:2
- I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. – Psalm 69:30
- Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. – Psalm 100:4
- To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us--and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him. – Thomas Merton
- Our knowledge of God is perfected by gratitude: we are thankful and rejoice in the experience of the truth that He is love. – Thomas Merton
- Dear Lord; we beg but one boon more: Peace in the hearts of all men living, peace in the whole world this Thanksgiving. – Joseph Auslander
- To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do. – Victor Hugo