We present a collection of famous Thanksgiving quotations and sayings. You can also use these Thanksgiving quotes in the cards or just frame them and put them on walls.
Famous Quotes Related To Thanksgiving
An American tradition, Thanksgiving Day is a holiday feast to thank God and every soul for all the good things that have happened to you. True to any holiday in the United States, Thanksgiving Day has been remembered and commemorated in various ways over the years, with several modifications and adaptations. Though the festival is a time to enjoy assorted lavish delicacies, but the underlying reason for its celebration should not be overlooked. With some simple inspirational quotes, you can express your gratitude and appreciation to one and all. In the lines below is presented a collection of some quotations by renowned literary men around the world associated to thanksgiving. Putting them on your desk and walls would certainly attract the attention of the intellectuals and add to the overall mood of the holiday feast. Read on.
- Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast. - William Shakespeare
- Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. - W.J. Cameron
- If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. - Gerald Good
- Heap high the board with plenteous cheer and gather to the feast, And toast the sturdy Pilgrim band whose courage never ceased. - Alice W. Brotherton
- We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. - Ritual Chant
- What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? - Erma Bombeck
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you”, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart
- Who does not thank for little will not thank for much. - Estonian proverb
- Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. - EP Powell
- Got no checkbooks, got no banks.
Still I'd like to express my thanks -
I got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night. - Irving Berlin
- The unthankful heart. discovers no mercies;
- But let the thankful heart sweep through the day
And as the magnet finds the iron,
So it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! - Henry Ward Beecher
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. - Irv Kupcinet
- The pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts...nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. - H.W. Westermayer
- On Thanksgiving Day, we acknowledge our dependence. - William Jennings Bryan
- Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. - W T Purkiser
- Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues, which the idle will never know. - Basil Carpenter