Thanksgiving is a fun-filled festival, particularly for the younger generation. On Thanksgiving, it is not just the feast that kids look forward to but also various other activities, like crafts-making and decorations. This auspicious festival gives everybody an opportunity to indulge in beautifying their homes magnificently, adding festive colors to the celebrations. Kids find Thanksgiving decorations, in particular, interesting and immerse themselves in a host of activities, like decorating the table, garden, entrance, and so on. Kids use all their imagination to create beautiful Thanksgiving crafts that are then appropriately placed to decorate their homes. Check out some wonderful and interesting ideas on Thanksgiving decorations for kids.
Some of the Thanksgiving decoration crafts that kids can make are as under:-
Allow your kids to decorate this Thanksgiving using interesting Thanksgiving decorations ideas for kids. Read on.
Thanksgiving Decorations For Kids
- * Fabric Potpourri Turkey Decoration
- * Painted Turkey Handprint
- * Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl Craft
- * Harvest Necklace Craft
- * Hand & Feet Turkey Craft
- * Mayflower Ship of Thanksgiving
- * Turkey Place Card Holders
- * Thanksgiving Hand Wreath
- * Turkey Treat Holder Craft
- * Candy Cornucopias
Fabric Potpourri Turkey Decoration
- Craft Foam Sheets (brown and orange colored)
- Pinking Sheers
- Craft Glue, Glue Stick or Glue Dots
- Plastic Wiggle Eyes
- Autumn Fabric (cut in approximately 5 inch squares)
- Chenille Stem/Pipe Cleaner
- Using the pinking shears, cut squares of fabric for each turkey.
- Place a small amount of potpourri into the center of the fabric.
- Gather the fabric to form a pouch and secure with a piece of chenille stem or pipe cleaner. This will serve as the turkey’s body and feathers.
- Cut an oblong piece of brown foam, to make the turkey’s body, and a very small piece for the beak.
- Using craft glue or glue dots, attach the eyes and beak to the brown oval.
- Lay the potpourri pouch on its side, so that the gathered fabric is in the back to form the feathers.
- Glue the turkey head to the front.
Thanksgiving Hand Wreath
- Construction Paper (in autumn colors; felt or craft foam can also be used)
- Poster Board
- Brown Buttons
- Permanent Marker
- Trace your hands on colored paper to fashion the wreath leaves.
- Cut several such traced hands in a variety of colors.
- With markers, write messages on the hands, listing reasons to be thankful.
- Cut the wreath ring using poster board or cardboard.
- Glue the felt or paper hands randomly around the wreath.
- Attach buttons with glue.
Harvest Necklace Craft
- Large Needle
- Heavy String
- Popped Corn
- Raisins, Cranberries, Apple & Apricot
- Pieces of Orange peel (optional)
- Measure enough length of string that will easily fit over a child’s head. This piece of string will serve as the necklace. Leave enough string for tying.
- Thread the needle and string in popcorn, alternating with raisins, cranberries, apple, and apricot.
- Allow your kids to wear the necklace for some time and hang it onto a tree or shrub for the local birds also to get a taste of Thanksgiving.